Monday, September 21, 2009

The Kimber Chronicles: Volume 4 (Includes Range Report)

When I arrived home on Friday, a box from Kimber was waiting for me. As I related in Volumes 1, 2 and 3 of this saga, my Kimber rimfire (not a conversion kit) stopped extracting reliably about a month ago, leaving spent cartridges in the chamber about 1/3 of the time.

As you can imagine, this kicked giant holes in my score at the Friday Night Bullseye league this summer. Unable to fix it myself, I sent it off to Kimber in the hopes they could get it to work, and got it back with a brand new barrel and slide. 

Saturday, I took it to the range and  LO, the extraction problem is gone. I shot about 200 rounds without a problem. After fiddling with the sights, to compensate for my ... unique approach to stance, grip and trigger squeeze, I managed to put it on a steady diet of bullseye.

Thanks, Kimber! Replacing half the gun did the trick.  


Post a Comment