Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Kimber Chronicles: Volume 3 (Now with Update!)

I arrived home tonight to find that Kimber had  shipped my malfunctioning rimfire pistol back to me. I think total turnaround time was probably around a week. Of course CT is pretty close to their facility in Yonkers, NY.

For those just tuning in, the Rimfire Target that I had been using in the Friday Night Bullseye League this summer, decided that it wouldn't extract or eject properly, and I sent it back to them with a note explaining the situation.

When I had called to explain the problem, the guy on the phone didn't sound convinced that this was really their problem, but he told me to send it in anyway.

It arrived back at my house today with a new barrel and slide. The slide is a different color from the one I sent them -- a duller finish than the brighter silver aluminum, but it looks OK. I'm not inclined to be picky if it shoots and extracts as advertised. I'm going to take it to the range this weekend and I'll report again then.


Update: Curiosity got the best of me and I called Kimber to say thanks, and ask what might have caused them to replace the barrel and slide. The guy who answered the phone said it wasn't recorded anywhere, but he guesses that there may have been something out of spec with either or both, and that replacing it was cheaper  and faster in the long run for everyone. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment