Monday, July 20, 2009

Self Abuse Revisited

This really should be an Update to my post below about the stimulus, or it could be an update to the recent one about transparency, but what the heck, we'll let it stand on its own, courtesy of Powerline.
Upon taking office, President Obama proclaimed that "transparency will be the touchstone of my administration." Six months later, we learn (via AP) that Obama has decided to put off the annual mid-summer budget update from mid-July, when it usually is released, to mid-August. Apparently, as AP suggests, the White House wants to delay the bad news at least until Congress leaves town on its August 7 summer recess.


On the one hand, it's kinda banana-peel funny when you see a guy you don't like repeatedly punch himself in the nads, but as I mentioned a few days ago, soon it begins to approach Ben Stiller levels and stops being entertaining. Also I have to remember that Obama ran his campaign the same way, and in the end 30% or so of the electorate still decided that they wanted to see what it would be like to have an inexperienced arrogant black dude in the White House. I think those 30% are pretty disillusioned by now but that doesn't make their congresscritters any smarter.

I'd report what my liberal friends think about the whole matter but I don't generally bring up the subject of politics, and wonder of wonders, now that it's their choice sitting in the Big Chair they're far less interested in politics, or my opinions thereof. Fancy that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment