Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations, Mister Vice President

Well, I have to admit that, on the day that our new Puppet-Master-in-Chief Joe Biden takes back stage, I am posting something that I never in a million years thought I'd do:

A link to an article by...

Dirk Benedict.

Not that I ever thought that the actor who played Starbuck on the old Battlestar Galactica or that Face guy on the A Team was incapable of writing. Or was particularly dull-witted. But, I mean... an actor. But I agree with practically everything he wrote, so you just can't pass something like that up.

There was a time, I know I was there, when men were men, women were women and sometimes a cigar was just a good smoke. But 40 years of feminism have taken their toll. The war against masculinity has been won. Everything has turned into its opposite, so that what was once flirting and smoking is now sexual harassment and criminal. And everyone is more lonely and miserable as a result.


I've written about Star Trek, I've written about Star Wars. I like them. I've not really written about the new Battlestar Galactica because I don't really have anything good to say about it - I think it's a well done soap opera about a bunch of whiney and stupid crybabies. I guess that's why it's such a hit these days. But the above-linked article regarding the slams against masculinity that have occurred just in my lifetime resonates with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment