Saturday, September 7, 2013

Syria-lessly

I'm a pretty Hawky, World Policeman kind of guy. And I won't cry if Assad the Chinless slips on a bar of "oh shit I'm an evil, murderous dictator and it finally caught up with me" in the shower and snuffs it.

The problem with this Syria thing isn't that they aren't a threat to our national interests, nor is it that someone uncorked some death gel. The problem isn't that we might knock somebody's block off or fire a few Tomahawks at now-abandoned airfields.

The problem, as I see it, is that no matter what we do or don't do, and for whatever reasons really smart guys say we should or should not do it, Obama will still be El Presidente afterwards. So bad idea or good idea, Obama will make it turn out badly for this country and bad for the West. I don't see it as much more complicated than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment