Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hand? Have Some Ham

Coupla places are talking about a supposed shipment of bunker-busters to Diego Garcia - linky - and what that could mean.

Awesome blogbuddy Borepatch has posted an "I wonder" entry pointing out a possible Wag the Dog scenario: Dems and prez in big trouble politically, known to be weak on defense, allies pissed off, Jewish voter bloc to be appeased, so Obama pulls a Clinton and fires some missiles to distract the electorate.

Now, I love the movie Wag the Dog, at least the first 2/3 before it slows down, but as far as this President actually going so far as to pull the trigger, I don't buy it. I simply can't see Obama doing anything that would help allies, make us look strong, respond to a voter bloc, or hurt Iran. He's a punk, and a coward, and would much rather whine for the next 3 years about how the Republicans are big ol' meanies (assuming Obamacare is defeated and his presidency crippled) than compromise; and responding to real political events, however clumsily, would mean a compromise on his part.

In my opinion the initial news report itself is suspect, in my opinion. It's another Eurorag whining about the warmongering U.S. and I take anything it claims with many huge grains of salt.

Now, I certainly respect the ability of a Doveish Democrat to lash out with our military in spastic and untimely ways, but I personally doubt that, even if true, this movement of GBU penetrators will actually end up with them nosing into Iranian nuclear facilities.

2 comments:

Borepatch said...

spastic and untimely

Made of win and covered with awesomesauce, right there.

Atom Smasher said...

I once told the VP of the small company I worked for, in an open employee meeting, that his ideas over the previous couple of quarters were "haphazard and ill-conceived". My immediate boss bought me dinner. :)

Post a Comment