Thursday, May 21, 2009

Evil Brown Rifles

If Federal Express, the CMP and my wife can be believed, my M1 Garand has been shipped and delivered to my house. I wasn't expecting it for months, but the angels at the Civilian Marksmanship Program and their minions at Federal Express have delivered.

And although I haven't seen it yet, I believe that what they delivered is a Springfield Special. Its an M1 with a new barrel, a new sling, new stock and a refurbished, re-parkerised receiver. In other words, something like this:

I'm sure that if Sarah Brady and her ilk knew about the CMP, there'd be an instant campaign to ban evil, brown, mail-order assault weapons.

I'm off to download the Garand field manual from the int4rTubz. Anyone know of a good source for en bloc clips? I have 240 rounds of .30-06 arriving on Friday.....

1 comments:

Atom Smasher said...

I have Garand envy.

Post a Comment