Friday, February 27, 2009

This Just In: Ice Storm Shuts Down Hell. Eternal Torment Halted.

Yesterday I was stunned to find myself agreeing with Nancy Pelosi.

"Lets just enforce the gun laws we already have," she said (I paraphrase) in response to suggestion from new Attorney General Eric Holder that the Assault Weapons Ban (of which more here) be reinstated. Holder, as I have pointed out in the past, never saw a gun law he didn't like.

Today I nearly fell on the floor when I read that Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader said (through his spokesman) that he'd oppose an AWB if it came to the floor of the Senate.

Also, I feel bad for assuming that Reid would enthusiastically support the AWB. Apparently he voted against it in 1994, and in 2004 as well.

I think its interesting that the Administration (ie. Holder) didn't clear this AWB proposal with the House and Senate leadership. Or maybe that's how the White House and Congress communicate...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprising...

Post a Comment