Thursday, December 18, 2008

And Fuck You, Colin Powell

Yeah yeah, I'm supposed to like him for some reason. I liked him in front of a slideshow and map with a pointer during the first Gulf War, because he was in his element and wouldn't tolerate dumbassery from the assembled reporters. Since then that he's never done or said a thing that's impressed me, and he's done or said a few things that unimpressed me.

And I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh (timing conflict) regularly, but I have listened to and read him on occasion, and he makes a lot of sense and is a heckuva better Republican and conservative than Gen. Powell has ever shown. And I like Governor Palin a lot. So Powell's remarks this weekend about Rush, Palin, and the Republican Party in general are ridiculous not just for their source; a guy who fucked the team he was invited to play on, but also for their targets; legitimate Republican conservatives.

Gee, Powell is so conservative and Republican that he voted for the most liberal Democratic candidate in the last 20 years or so. And now he wants the Republican party to be, well... less Republican. Less conservative.

What a dick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment