Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tikki Tik-tik!

One of the discussion forums I'm on asked us for our favorite quotes. I responded with:

"It is easy enough to say that poverty is no crime. No; if it were men wouldn't be ashamed of it. It is a blunder, though, and is punished as such. A poor man is despised the whole world over."
- Jerome K. Jerome

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

"He that always gives way to others will end in having no principles of his own."
- Aesop

"If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. The world will be yours and everything in it, what's more, you'll be a man, my son."
- Rudyard Kipling

"Run and find out!"
- Rikki-Tikki-Tavi

In no particular order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment