Friday, November 7, 2008

In Which the Stench of Hypocricy Becomes Overpowering

Every once in a while, someone says something so stupid, it makes me want to drink Windex.

Every couple weeks or so at work, I end up talking to a woman who cannot shut up about The Healthcare Situation In This Country, and how Socialized Medicine is the Way Out Of Our Crisis.

According to her, the fact that we haven't established a universal government-run health care system is a combination of greed, stupidity and outright sabotage on the part of the (evil) Republican party.

SOooo. Fast forward to today and once we dispense with her rejoicing over Obama's transformational historic victory, we had this conversation.

Me: Has open enrollment started yet? (Thats when you get to pick which health plan etc you want)

Her: Next week.

Me: What do you usually pick for the medical plan? The HMO or the PPO.

Her: Oh, the PPO. I really like to pick my own doctor.

Me: -- Sound of brain eating itself-- I'm screaming now at a pitch that only dogs can hear.

Her: You're strange.


I'd be perfectly happy to let this idiot and her good intentions go right to hell, but there are too many of them and they want to take me along.

0 comments:

Post a Comment