Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Add Cats, Tails, Rocking Chairs; Mix Thoroughly

What HE said:

The dinosaurs smell a change in the air, and roar their defiance.


Borepatch has a fantastic post up about the way the internet is changing public access to heretofore filtered cliques and classes. I'd planned on writing something similar but he did it better, so go read his.

Even my favorite conservative outlets on radio and the intertubes suffer from the same arrogance - witness their leg-wetting over Harriet Miers or their barely-disguised fear of a Sarah Palin candidacy - and one knows that they are also part of the same niche. They may not be dinosaurs, but they are, oh, say, pterodactyls, and they are headed for the same destiny as their bigger, landlocked brethren. Give me the facts, gentlebeings, and I'll take care of the decision-making.

In the end, I really don't care what they think - I'm smart enough to figure it out on my own.

1 comments:

Borepatch said...

"I'm smart enough to figure it out on my own."

I like that. It gets to the heart of why the Powers That Be are so annoying.

Post a Comment