Friday, November 14, 2008

Star Trek XI: The Wrath of Reboot

I've nothing really to add about the "should we/shouldn't we" of the Reboot. They do, they did, and I'm going to go check it out.

I've nothing really to add about the ship. It's ugly and completely counter to the iconic look of the original, BUT they've been doing that since they pulled the Ent-E out of the dead uterus of a drunken space worm. So big whoop.

But I will say that if they choose to go all nuBSG and turn the iconic characters into a pack of whiney crybaby sissypants narcissisitc fucksticks that I'd just as soon boot to the head as share oxygen with, then they will have lost a potential fan.

When I see Kirk I want to BE as cool as Kirk. BE as unflappable as Spock. BE as drunk as McCoy. BE as geeky as Scotty. BE inside Uhura.

But seriously, does anyone want to BE the new Adama? BE the new Apollo? HAVE the new Starbuck inside them? No way. They're not icons or heroes, they're just a satchel of turds.

So in short, an ugly ship I can live with. Ugly characters, uh-uh.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So in short, an ugly ship I can live with. Ugly characters, uh-uh."

Pretty much sums it up. I am happy to have a new crew. A ship that looks like the model might have been built in the last 20 years. A new take on the uniforms.

But boring, shallow characters trying to bring Fox scripting to the Star Trek fans? Um, hell no.

Post a Comment